I wanted to put the topstitch detail on the neckline, which seemed easy enough, and I didn't have any snaps so decided to go with buttons instead. I had some lovely mother of pearl buttons in a star shape and thought they would echo the flowers of my fabric. The fabric is Verna by Kate Spain for Moda.
I made a slight alteration when piecing together the collar, and that was to use interfacing to give it some substance. I just cut it 1.5cm shorter all the way around than the pattern piece and sandwiched it in. I like how it helps the shape of the finished garment.
I cut out the pattern as it is sized at 12-18m thinking that it could be a top for my 13 month old. I made a rough estimate of length and followed everything through. It is a really easy pattern and a delight to sew up as it takes no time at all. (I had interruptions, a lot, so didn't manage to do it all in one sitting, but you could easily have this done in under 2 hours if you have the luxury of a quiet house).
I added a secret ribbon trim to the inside hem which adds a splash of colour.
There are green coloured dots on there which match the top, but really I had been looking to use this ribbon up for ages!