Thursday, 28 June 2012

2 +2 blouse

I have wanted to do this blouse for ages now. It was number one on my Oliver + S wish list. The fabric I used was a cotton/linen blend which started life as an Ikea duvet. I found the duvet in a charity shop and thought it would be perfect for summer clothes, nice and cool.



It took me far too long to complete this project. Other things kept getting in the way and this had to go on the back burner. I dislike sewing a project in short bursts, I find that I lose momentum. So although I love the end result, I don't feel like I achieved what I set out to do because I kept getting interrupted. Hopefully the next time I make this pattern I will have a bit more time and enjoy it more.

I made up the size 5 because I wanted to get some wear out of it straight away, while the weather is warm enough. The next one will definitely be a size 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment