One of my sewing pledges this year is to try some of the other 'views' on the patterns I already own. I already sewed up another version of this dress for school uniform and it was in heavy rotation.
I wanted something for fun this time so spurred on by KCW I made the uber-girly version.
I was up a bit later than usual last night completing the bodice on this dress, leaving only the skirt and gathers to do today. Those gathers! You think I would have learnt my lesson from this skirt, but here I go again with the ruffles.
I only managed to get a couple of photos, my girl was not feeling well today and so I didn't want to push my luck.
Those of you who have read this blog before will recognize the fabric as that from my Washi dress. It was torn (breaking my heart) but I managed to salvage as much fabric as possible in the hope I would be able to make something from it. I may not have been able to cut everything in one piece as a result, but I think I get away with it because of the gathers.
I also sized up for this dress, the school dress was a size 6 and it didn't seem long before it grew too small. It was especially short towards the end. I would add about 3-4" onto that view if I were to make her another for school so it lasts longer. This is the 7T and it has enough growing room to keep me happy.