I was just in the process of reading another blog post about their nomination and thinking, that sounds interesting when wham! I got two nominations myself. First up thank you very much to the lovely ladies from Needle and Ted and Another Sewing Blog for thinking enough about my blog to nominate me.
Like everyone else, it seems I had to rely on Google to give me the lowdown. I found a pretty good guide here if you are curious as to the rules.
I spent some time musing over the rules and the questions asked and thought it would be a bit of fun so here goes...
Olu from Needle and Ted asked me these questions and I spent way too much time thinking them over!....
1. What's the best comment you've had from one of your blog posts? Wow, I don't honestly think I could single one out. I love getting feedback off people so every comment is cherished. People who sew know the patterns and what it takes to make the items and I find that even small words of encouragement make my day.
2. What annoys you? Dirty dishes in the sink, the slugs that continuously eat my attempts to grow anything in the veg patch, living just that bit too far away from school to walk, media coverage about Justin Bieber's latest antics (who cares?), and the tv remote control in our house that doesn't like me and won't do anything I ask it to do.
3.What do you collect? I suppose I have to say patterns! Sewing and knitting patterns. I could spend far too much money on buying them and am unlikely to get around to making everything I own. Also cookbooks line the shelves at an alarming rate. I had a major purge last year and send a lot to the charity shop but if I see a nice looking cake cookbook, I am a gonner.
4. What do you spend too much time doing? Clearing the table and setting up my machines so I can make something, only to have to pack it all away again so we can eat dinner. One day, I have promised myself I will set up a permanent space along the back wall (with shelving and drawers) so I don't have to waste sewing time packing and unpacking my things.
5. What do you do when no one is looking? I may have a little singsong to myself. Not being blessed with the voice of an angel, it is best I spare others from having to listen.
6. What is your favourite website? I do love looking at flickr and probably check it a few times a day. I really should be doing housework but that's not as fun!
7.Is your blog 100% honest or do you sometimes make things up to sound more interesting? Honest all the way! I use my blog as a reference tool for myself as well as a way to show off my projects. That way I can remember the successes or problems I had with a project and it will help me next time.
8. What 3 words best describe you? (I had to ask my husband here) frantic, committed, inventive.
And I had these questions from Another Sewing Blog (writing this post made me realise I don't even know her name, so apologies for not including it! Her flickr id is Wagyu Burger, take a look at some of her awesome work).
1. What is your favourite make (sewn, knitted, any kind of craft)?
I adore the Jump Rope dress I made for my daughter last year.
I had wanted to try this pattern for a while and felt that the placket would give me a real challenge. I love the colour on her and the pockets were our surprise favourite thing about the dress. I have made a couple more as summer school uniform but have yet to try view b.
2. What was the last movie/tv show/musical/album you enjoyed? We don't get to watch many films as I am often asleep a few minutes into them (nasty habit), but hubby and I do enjoy our TV series shows. At the moment we are watching The Following and Elementary. Both brilliant examples of a Brit actor in an American show working well. I am also loving the new BBC adaptation of The Muskeeters and can't believe it only has one more episode left *sad face*.
3. What made you smile today? I watched my daughters class assembly today and what is not to love about seeing 5 & 6 year olds perform? I took my 2 and a half year old with me and she was behaving herself beautifully until there was a silent pause in proceedings and she decided to break into applause with a huge accompanying cheer! This made the whole hall turn and look and everybody burst into fits of giggles. I was laughing too much to be embarrassed and she was delighted with herself!
And 5 random facts about me....
1. I was a vegetarian for the majority of my teens and early twenties and it is a diet I still prefer now.
2. In a previous life I was a coffee shop manager and can make a cracking cappuccino.
3. I can't stomach rollercoasters.
4. I don't know what to do with an aubergine.
5. A frog once jumped onto my foot and I screamed so loudly that my husband thought I was being murdered. I have had a fear of frogs ever since.
This is where I have to nominate 5 other blogs and I am unfortunately in a quandary. I made a little list but everybody I thought of seems to have been nominated already (because you are all brilliant).
I will be naughty and break with tradition. Thank you so much to the kind ladies who nominated me and fingers crossed I answered your questions adequately.
Hope it was interesting and gives you a little insight into my world.