Friday, 29 June 2012

An Assortment of Baby Bibs

Well not quite an assortment but that is the aim, and I'm getting there....

Little Bug is in desperate need for some new bibs. She has outgrown her original small baby ones and is at that stage of food flinging where some more substantial 'whole body' cover is required. 

Jess from Craftiness is not Optional posted a tutorial for the one pictured above and is modelled for you by Bug herself. I was really pleased with the fit, I had to lengthen the armhole binding from 31" to 35" to give more room as it seemed a bit tight across the chest when I tried it on her (luckily before stitching it). 

I do love those gorgeous chubby folds!

 I tried my hand at sketching out a design of my own. Working off the shape of an old bib I laid it down on some paper and drew around it making it the size I thought would work. I added some length and made the bottom edge less rounded and more square shaped. I used a plain blue medium weight cotton for the reverse side and binding and a fun spotty print for the front. Add a cute big blue button and it was complete!

Confession.... I cut out the main fabric the wrong way up and ended up with the button on the left hand side instead of my intended right. Ooops! I don't suppose it matters really but I will stay awake a bit more next time I cut one out. To have it on the left side seems odd to me when I fasten it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.